Friday, June 17, 2011

$20 Stockpile List

  Okay, if you read my earlier posts you will know that after doing this for awhile, and spending too much on it (weird I know, but it starts out that way) I have to decided to try something different. While reading one of the many blogs I follow, and I'm sorry I don't remember who it was for them to get the credit :(, I found the great advise to set aside X amount of dollars a week with the sole purpose of building my stockpile. Seeing as I get paid every 2 weeks, and that right now money is tight enough that I can't really do a weekly shopping trip, i'm going to start out small. My goal for the next 4 -6 weeks is $20 every two weeks.
  Since I won't know the sales in advance, and (for now) I think it will be easier to stick to one store, I am making my list from walmart. I know some have had issues there, with rude checkers, managers, etc. but I have not had any problems there myself. Of course, if a free deal on something pops up in another store, or even just rock bottom price, I will allow myself enough flexibility to account for that. So, anyways, here is my list (it's actually for next week but shhhhhh :).
  • Franks Hot sauce (coupons.com under 98401) = cost .98 bottle - .50/1 q = .48 bottle (4) = 1.92 for four
  • Up2U gum - 1.07 each - $1/1q - .07 each (7) = .49 for seven packs
  • Combat Ant Traps - 2.47 each - $2/1q ( combat.com under special offers) = .47 (2) = .94 for two
  • 5 small bags cat litter - 1.77 each - $1/1q = .77 each (5) = 3.85 for five bags
  • Hormel kids completes - 1.78 each - $1/1q = .78 eacg (6) = 4.68 for six 
  • Dial travel sized body wash - .97 each - $2/1q = -1.03 MM (9) = Make 9.27
  • OR if that is sold out
  • Dial Lotion - 1.97 each - $2/1q = FREE
  • Travel sized aquafresh extreme clean toothepaste- .97 - $1/1q (go to their website, look under special offers) FREE
  • Mom's Best Oatmeal - $1 - .75q (go to website sign up for email, receive in email)= .25 (2) =.50
  • Small size Tide Stain Release- $4 - 2/1q = $2
  • Kings Hawaiian Sweet Bread - 2.98 each - $2/1q (from website, then email) = .98 each (2) =1.96
  • Grand Total for entire trip= $16.34!!! that's alot of stuff for under twenty dollars, of course I figure the difference is the tax. So there you go, my $20 stockpile list, I think this will work really well. Especially when I can begin doing this weekly vs. bi-weekly. If anyone else tries this, let me know how you like it.

1 comment:

  1. That is 40 items for less than $20 good savings i think, and all useful for my household

    ReplyDelete