Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Overview of Menards policies/ products

Okay, so I know I don't do any real match-ups because, frankly, I don't have the time. BUT through a fan on facebook I have begun to start looking at the Menards ads that come in the paper. I have to say I am quite excited about this store now!



They are kind of like the Walgreens of Home Improvement stores, and what I mean by that is that they offer a lot of rebates for their products. Unlike Walgreens though, these rebates are done through the mail. Also you don't receive a check for your money back; you receive a customer credit to their store. If it's done right you could find yourself never having to pay a penny after your first visit. The downfall I can see is that I do not know how long it takes for your credit to arrive. I have not shopped there yet, although I plan to remedy that as soon as possible, and I'm working the next couple days. So when I get a chance I will look into this more!
They also takes coupons, and really they have a fairly lenient coupon policy I feel. Now before you wonder why in the hell I'm telling you about a home improvement store, I suggest you go to their website and look at their deals and stock. This looks like a great place to stock up on some items that you won't normally get from Target, or Dillons, but it is still useful and if you use those rebates right....... well the savings are there. My next post I will do a match-up for their ads this week. For now though here is their coupon policy:


Menards Coupon Policy:
Menards® will accept competitor and Manufacturer's coupons both mailed and internet under the following guidelines:
  • Coupons must be from a local competitor or state "Manufacturer's Coupon".
  • Manufacturer's Coupons must include a scanable barcode and remit to address.
  • All coupons must have an expiration date and be presented within the valid date. Menards® WILL NOT accept expired coupons.
  • Coupons must be for product sold at Menards® and must be presented at the time of purchase.
  • Manufacturer's coupons and competitor coupons will be enforced per the individual coupons rules and regulations.
  • Any coupons stating "Not valid with any other discount or offer" will not be valid with sale priced items.
  • Competitor coupons for discounts when using specific tenders will be honored when using the Menard® Big Card.
  • Due to Fraud, Menards® will not accept competitor's coupons for a % off a total transaction greater than 10%.
  • Due to Fraud, Menards® will not accept coupons that have been copied or altered. Menards® will also not accept coupons that have been purchased or sold on the internet.
  • Menards® reserves the right to accept or refuse coupons at its own discretion.
  • Coupons do not apply to Menards® 11% off low price guarantee.
They also hand out ‘sorry slips” if a sale item is out of stock.
They have 4 stores in Kansas: 2 in Wichita, 1 in Salina and 1 in Manhattan. Addresses can be found on their website.
UPDATE 2012: Since I wrote this post I found out through that same fan that their rebate checks take up 4-6 weeks to arrive in the mail. Remember, they are only good at Menards. I am currently doing a case study on shopping there, and when I know more personally about how their rebates work, you'll be the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment